Tuesday, September 9, 2008

I Love ME

Here are my pictures from Maine. I had a great time with family I knew and family I was meeting for the first time. We had a surprise birthday party for my Mom's Aunt LaVerne, she just turned 80! I hope that when I am 80, i'm just like her.

I loved Maine! The smell of the ocean, the trees, the feeling of being out in the middle of nowhere but feeling at home all at the same time. My Mom and I were spoiled rotten by family and we can't wait for them to visit us!

While visiting we went to LL Bean in Freeport and fishing on the Atlantic Ocean. Freeport is a small but ritzy area of Maine and is home to LL Bean. There are many other shops such as Coach, The North Face, Banana Republic, Harry & David and oodles more. Come to find out, a few of my family members worked at LL Bean.

Ocean fishing by the way, is quite difficult ha ha. We caught more seaweed than fish! It really isn't that hard, but with low tides it sure makes things more interesting. Mom and I both caught ourselves a Mackerel. I think the real reason we weren't catching many fish were the seals. They eat Mackerel and we saw a couple of seals swimming around with those fish in their mouths. Sneaky buggahs.







Here is Aunt LaVerne, Grandma Lou and my Mom, outside of Land's End.



I wish I had more photos of family and the scenery. We were just so busy having fun and visiting that pictures went untaken. My visual and sensory memories will hold me for awhile, but I can tell already that another visit is coming right up.

2 comments:

Pjamms said...

Oh wow! These are so gorgeous! I am so happy that you had a wonderful time with your (new) family! Yay!

Love you! :)

Hayley and Josh said...

You have a blog??? Oh, I am so happy you commented on Rebecca's so I could find yours. Blogs make staying in touch so much easier.